- Embedly. This cool tool allows you to embed just about anything into your blog. The first step is to download and install the Embedly plugin. Activate the plugin and you can select what services you want to enable from the Embedly menu in the WordPress dashboard. Paste URL’s into your posts it is as simple as that.
- Social Sharing. Add social sharing to your website by adding a catchall service like Share this or Add to Any The downside is that these buttons may not have the big, call-to-action impact of a Twitter or Facebook stand-alone button. And they may not give you a count of the number of shares. The upside is that you can’t really screw them up too much. If your site is prone to clutter, this might be a good idea for you. Most of these services will also give you a decent dashboard for analytics.
- Rapportive, makers of a Gmail add-on for inbox social intelligence, stood up to Google last week by integrating with Gmail’s people widget — said by some to be a Rapportive-killer. Rapportive’s turbo-charged Twitter features will work on the Twitter notification emails you get for follows, mentions and direct messages. Now when you receive a notification email from Twitter that so-and-so is following you, you can follow the person back inside the message itself.
- AddThis has launched a new way for publishers to track the sharing that happens in its simplest form — copying and pasting a URL from the address bar and then sharing it out to a social network, email or IM. This is an awesome tool for social sharing.
- Google Calendar is a cool online tool to use and check out it’s new feature called appointment slots. In addition to regular events, you can reserve a certain amount of time in your calendar for appointments. To do that, click anywhere on the calendar and switch from Events to Appointment Slots at the top of the new event bubble.
- Evernote. Save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see.
- HootSuite. Save your time and your sanity. Monitor and post to multiple social networks, including Facebook and Twitter using the HootSuite dashboard.
- Feedly Tune into your favorite sources and discover new ones.
- 280 Slides. A really cool presentation tool publishes directly to SlideShare.
- Wufoo. Create free surveys and forms.