Everyday more of us are realizing that we need to create a relationship with Social Media. We need to find boundaries and practices that make our engagement work for us. As Social Media marketing grows it has become clear that it has an impact on a site’s SEO. SEO Alien has an awesome Hub on “Getting Started in Social Media.”
Here are 10 Tips to Use Social Media Effectively:
- Do not go Social Media crazy and sign up for many Social Networking sites all at once. You need to join each site one at a time. Take time to build a relationship with and through that site. Actively engage with them and cultivate a relationship while making your name and what you are about known.
- Create your Social Networking profile. There are literally 100’s of Social Networking sites with different kinds of audiences. Only create profile’s on the ones that you are going to be actively involved. with. An active profile is worth so much more in the long run so don’t create the profile just to get the link.
- Incorporate Keywords into your Tweets and Posts. When you submit a link to Facebook it gives you the opportunity to add a short description. It is important that you draw attention through this description while adding a keyword or keyword phrase. Don’t over optimize.
- Drive traffic to your main site. Your Social Media profiles should serve as gateways to your main site.
- Be a valuable resource. Provide links to sites within your niche. Become friends with your competitors interlinking and networking is a powerful resource.
- Bring content not noise. If you want them to love you update with medium frequency and awesome content.
- Budget your time. Social Networking can be addictive. Decide how much time you want to invest (at least an hour a day). Spend the rest of this time producing stellar content.
- Build Rapport. People want to know you are a real person. Be sure to comment back on your blog and comment on others. Ask for feedback and then respond to it and act on it.
- Stop linking to your home page. Instead of linking to your home page, why not link to your about me page instead? It seems so much more personable.
- Write something great and let the rest happen naturally. If you are producing awesome content, people will like what you have to say and share it. When they do, the search engines will take notice too.
When done the correct way, Social Media can grow your business better than any other resource. Do you have any tips or advice you would like to share? If so, be sure to comment back and I will add them to the list.