Image via Wikipedia
Infographics are becoming popular tools for blog creators and great for the short attention spans of internet users.
Here are infographic tools for you to check out for your blog:
- Hohli is a simple online chart maker great for pie charts and venn diagrams.
- Creately lets you make easy-to-make diagrams and flow charts (easy to collaborate too).
- Many Eyes lets you upload your own data or use data already stored on the site.
- Google Public Data lets you easily take public data and transform it into an infographic of your choice
- Wordle lets you create word visualisations using text you enter.
Remember to keep it simple. If you have some infographic tools you would like to share feel free to comment back and share them.
Let me introduce to you a hubber that I am very glad to have met via hub pages. This hub friend is mkbirdbks. This hubbers comments put a smile on my face every time I read them. They are genuine and sincere. Be sure to visit mkbirdbks profile and read some awesome hubs. Here are some of my personal favorites:
mkbirdbks, I am honored to have met you and I thank you for all your support.
Image via CrunchBase
Your descriptions in Google Places and Yelp are an absolute must for trust building and local SEO. Local businesses should start stimulating reviews in all the right places to their marketing checklist.
Google has started indexing local search with phrases that go with things like reviews. At the moment, this is just a Google Maps function because earlier this week they added descriptive terms to Google Map searches. However, Google is claiming that it will spread to Place Search on Google.com and Google Maps for Mobile Soon.
Local businesses should start keyword phrases for those reviews people are so anxious to write!
Google announces SEO-friendly Instant Pages « News [Brafton].
Google Instant Pages rewards top search results and users will be able to access information on the top pages faster. Chrome beta users should already have access to its features. Everyone else will have to wait a couple weeks.
The Instant Pages feature will be great for users because it will allow them faster access to desired content but for SEO marketers, the new feature has just made their jobs a little harder.
Image via Wikipedia
Marketing is not an art, contrary to popular belief, it is a science. Marketers collect data, look at it, and then change their activities to show what they learn.
Polls and surveys, if planned right, can be a marketers most powerful tool.
How to plan a poll?
- Consider the nature of the problem area along with the group of people being polled.
- Outline a basic question. For effective results, specific questions must be asked. Figure out how to place yourself and how to communicate effectively.
- How you ask the questions plays a major factor. Some researchers claim that open-ended questions show more of the real attitudes and opinions of the respondents. They do not force them to make a decision which doesn’t show their actual feelings. A forced choice question(multiple) is said to more reliable, less ambiguous, and that they successfully avoid subjective bias. If the primary purpose of the poll is exploratory, the open-ended question might best be used.
- Respect the data. Asking the right “what” questions are most useful when you use them to frame the all important question, “Why.” The importance of “Why” is this: Why moves you from cognition to connection from simply seeing what is happening to understanding the relationship of one event or trend to another.
Polls are an extraordinary tool for marketers because by asking specific questions, the right way, they do not have to make assumptions. By not having to assume anything they are able to analyze the results of the poll and without hesitation make necessary and effective changes.
Happy Monday everybody! Hope you all have a great day!
This week I am featuring two women that are fellow Hubbers. Marellen is the first Hub Buddy I would like for everyone meet. She writes wonderful down to earth Hubs. She always makes it a point to comment on the Hubs of her friends and she is just a really sweet person and I am very fortunate to have met her via Hub Pages. Please be sure to visit the above link to her profile and read some of her delightful Hubs.
The second Hub Buddy of the week is a super sweet woman with Hubs as beautiful as her personality her name is vocalcoach. I am honored to have met such an extraordinary woman. She writes some awesome hubs so visit her profile and read them. It will be well worth your time.
I would like to thank both of these women for all their wonderful support, beautiful comments, awesome hubs, for putting a smile on my face, and for being my friend. Thank you marellen! Thank you vocalcoach! I am truly honored to have met you both!